Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hi!

Throwing down a quick post here! Even if it's a bit late.

I did get through the 30 days. For Thanksgiving I gave myself a bit of leeway and just went gluten free, then got back right on the diet.

Then I came back from the break and did one of those freak out things where you realize that you've got four exams back to back and only three days to study for the last of them. So I figured, that hey. If I'm going to do the whole compare and contrast thing of paleo vs non paleo, I might as well do it now. And I just ate whatever was available.

Yeah...I should do that sort of thing step wise. The first day I ate what appeared to be paleo at the cafeteria. Chicken, carrots, and yellow squash. And there was some sort of mystery dijon mustard sauce on the chicken. Oh my. Never again. I had sulfurous burps for the rest of the day and they were so offensive to the taste they made me nauseous. It made you want to pack down anything, any food at all, just to hope it would push it a little further along in the tract.

That doesn't really work by the way.

But the next two days, surprisingly I've had some gas and a bit of bloating, but nothing too crazy. Especially considering what I've been eating on the study march. Yesterday I didn't eat anything until after 3:00 besides two cups of coffee and copious amounts of half and half. I know that's disgusting. I'm not exactly proud of myself. Hell, I'm not even sure how a 60-70% half and half to 40-30% coffee ratio doesn't go rotten when you continually sip on it for hours on end. It's a perfect thing to think about while you're studying the mechanics of food poisoning and enteric infection.

Tomorrow I'm getting groceries and I'm going back on the diet. I feel a bit better on it. My skin feels more touchable. It's clearer. I find myself craving the meats and veggies now.

But I do realize that I have a tendency let everything fall to shit any time school and I stare each other in the face. And some part of me wonders if the fact I lost an entire pant size was due to me just simply not eating enough.  I will always doubt myself like this I suppose. I just can't let be, be. And it's unhealthy. Panic cycles. Yeesh. Something needs to be done about that.

Oh, I feel so sleepy and wonderful and calm right now, though. I'm ready to start the next day and the next block. Post exam relief. It's really good to be done, for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment