Saturday, March 16, 2013

3/15/2013

Top five, 3/15.

1. I am in the thick of operation expand the social circle. It's been a month since my relationship ended, which has effectively blunted the last of my friendships from undergrad. The medical school class has well settled into groups at this point, so I'm on the prowl. Yes, even going back to main campus. My roommate has convinced me to start going back to swing. You know, this was the other way around at the beginning of the year. Funny how that works.

2. Swing dancing! Yep, my cardio is down. I remember being able to do a lot more bouncing around in the past before getting that tightening in the chest. Still, I think it'll be easy to get back. It's dancing. One of the few exercises that you push yourself right through being winded without some emotional struggle against demotivation. I mean, dancing. It's fun. I like feeling all the different styles the leads develop. A man really carries a lot of personality in the way that he dances.

3. Went over a practice patient encounter for adolescent pediatrics. Our girl was awesome and incredibly open. At 16, that would have not been me. Nope.

4. The fourth years matched today. And even though you may not know more than one of them, it is a big deal. The lower classes got a lecture hall reserved and streamed it live. People were making popcorn. And when someone matches, there's collective "awwws" and cheers throughout the audience. Everyone is huddled up, completely absorbed as a child watching Disney. You just look at these happy people, opening envelopes, and it's completely surreal that one day this will be you.

5. I am going to drown in pharmacology this weekend. Bathe in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment