Sunday, March 31, 2013

How's that for a first 5k?

Oh, I am going to be sore tomorrow. See, I don't run. I've never run more than two miles in my life and the last time that happened was years ago. But an attractive guy offered to let me run with him soo....yes. I'm kinda stupid that way. 5 miles of running and listening to you talk about random glomerular diseases? Let's go.

Did I say I have a bit of a thing for the class gunner? It's been doomed from the start.

I made it at least the first 3 and a half miles before the blisters made themselves known and I had to slow down. Which hey! That's farther than I've ever ran in my life! Or eh, jogged at least. I don't go very fast. But hey! 3 and a half miles! Apparently I've got an extra reserve of 2.5 miles if I'm sufficiently distracted. If I can't impress the guys out there, at least I can impress myself. Go me.

2 comments:

  1. Did you do 5K or 5 miles? Either way, congrats! Hope you caught him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Attempted 5 miles, got a little past 5K.

      Catching was never in the question.

      Delete